Planners and developers
Noise Consultants has experience in working for planners and developers across a range of sectors. Our consultants have experience in providing support and expert advice on projects that range from housing developments to some of the UK’s largest infrastructure projects, such as HS2 and the Heathrow Expansion Project.
This includes development projects requiring standalone noise and vibration assessments through to full Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA). We have worked at all stages of the project cycle, including:
- Preparation of assessment reports and EIA
- Design of noise and vibration mitigation and control measures
- Expert evidence and process including the negotiation and discharging of planning conditions
- Environmental permitting
- Development of Construction Noise and Vibration Management Plans
- COPA Section 61 applications
- On-request and long-term construction noise and vibration monitoring
- Preparation of noise and vibration management plans
- Regulatory compliance
- Monitoring and assessment of demolition and remediation work
Our consultants have supported planners and developers across a range of sectors including projects such as:
- Residential-led mixed-use developments ranging from urban villages to city centre developments
- Transport schemes including new and realigned roads such as motorway improvement projects and bypasses
- Power Generation and Transmission projects including new power stations, energy from waste developments and power lines
- Defence projects including the redevelopment of military infrastructure and military training activities
- Renewable Energy including wind farm developments in England and Scotland ranging from single turbine schemes to multi-turbine developments
- Waste developments ranging from EFW facilities to landfill remediation projects
- Water infrastructure projects including pipeline rehabilitation schemes and the redevelopment of assets including reservoirs and treatment works
- Mineral extraction schemes including new and extended quarry operations and opencast coal
- Commercial facilities including distribution centres and rail-freight depots
Our work is supported by some of the most sophisticated noise and vibration monitoring, measurement and modelling services available within the UK.
Modelling is one of the only ways in which the scale of a noise and vibration issue can be understood.
Noise Consultants provides consultancy services across a range of different sectors and projects.
Noise mapping helps demonstrate how populations and locations of interest are affected by noise.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
We offer specialist GIS services to assist in identifying the scale, location and effects of noise and vibration on sensitive receptors.
Noise Consultants has experience in undertaking noise measurements of a variety of sources.
Survey and Monitoring
Monitoring allows noise and vibration levels to be understood over a period of time.
Environmental Impact Assessment
We have significant experience of assessing noise and vibration effects under the Town and Country Planning EIA Regulations.
Noise at Work
Noise at work is subject to the Control of Noise at Work Regulations, which were developed to protect employees from the harmful effects of high noise environments.
Research and Innovation
Noise Consultants has been involved in research and innovation projects for a range of private and public sector organisations.
Our consultants have experience in representing clients at both planning enquiries and court cases.
Ground-Borne Noise and Vibration
Our consultants have experience working on projects considering the assessment and management of ground borne noise and vibration induced effects.