We are experts in airport noise management and assessment. Our consultants have extensive experience of providing noise and vibration services to UK and International Airports in managing their noise impacts through the consenting and regulatory processes through to their day-to-day operation.
Our experience includes:
- Environmental Assessments for airport developments including:
- New and Extended Ground Infrastructure such as taxiways, terminal buildings and MRO facilities
- Airspace changes (including assessment conforming to CAP1616)
- Options for Mitigation and Restriction including appraisal and procedures under EU598
- Aircraft noise design inputs and support to airspace change promoters
- Regulatory Compliance including the preparation of Strategic Noise Maps and Airport Noise Action Plans
- Expert representation
- Research and Innovation Projects
- Noise modelling of aircraft air and ground operations
- Measurement of specific activities for modelling and complaint investigation
- Temporary monitoring and support to airports in analysing monitoring and Noise and Track Keeping (NTK) data
- Support and technical advice to decision makers and local authorities
We are innovators in this sector and have developed a number of bespoke tools to support and enhance the modelling and analysis of airport noise. Our tools are compatible with commercial software tools, including AEDT and LimA. These tools include our OnTrack system that allows actual aircraft flight tracks to be modelled within AEDT. This tool requires access to an airport’s flight track data or radar feeds, allowing models to be prepared for any time period or metric. We also have bespoke tools allowing aircraft ground noise to be modelled in parallel with air emissions.
Modelling is one of the only ways in which the scale of a noise and vibration issue can be understood.
Noise Consultants provides consultancy services across a range of different sectors and projects.
Noise mapping helps demonstrate how populations and locations of interest are affected by noise.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
We offer specialist GIS services to assist in identifying the scale, location and effects of noise and vibration on sensitive receptors.
Noise Consultants has experience in undertaking noise measurements of a variety of sources.
Survey and Monitoring
Monitoring allows noise and vibration levels to be understood over a period of time.
Environmental Impact Assessment
We have significant experience of assessing noise and vibration effects under the Town and Country Planning EIA Regulations.
Noise at Work
Noise at work is subject to the Control of Noise at Work Regulations, which were developed to protect employees from the harmful effects of high noise environments.
Research and Innovation
Noise Consultants has been involved in research and innovation projects for a range of private and public sector organisations.
Our consultants have experience in representing clients at both planning enquiries and court cases.
Ground-Borne Noise and Vibration
Our consultants have experience working on projects considering the assessment and management of ground borne noise and vibration induced effects.